My objective is to engage with students in learning about science through connections and exploration.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
B.A. in Chemistry
Minor in Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 2.7
Recognized on the Dean’s List for Fall 2014
CCRESA: Central Carolina Regional Education Service Alliance
Lateral entry teaching degree
Server, Sammy’s Tap and Grill May 2016- November 2018
2235 Avent Ferry Rd, Raleigh, NC 27606
● Serve tables under a rotation basis and section basis
● Clear and clean tables for guests
● Handle currency
● Complete cleaning duties and day-to-day tasks
Teacher, East Wake High School,Wake County Public Schools August 2017- Current
5101 Rolesville Rd, Wendell, NC 27591
● Courses taught include Earth and Environmental Science, Physical Science, Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, and AP Chemistry
● CCRESA/Local Alternative Teacher Preparation Program member (Lateral Entry)
● Chemical Hygiene Officer for the school- In charge of all chemicals and safety protocol within the science department.
● Developed lesson plans integrating a variety of techniques learned to meet the educational needs of all students
● Attended professional development on campus and through outside programs
● Process Champions Team member for the Capturing Kids Hearts program
● Reader Apprenticeship trained through WCPSS
● Service Skills- Experienced in serving tables and custodial procedures. Experienced in following procedures pertaining to the service industry. Experienced in hosting a restaurant and efficiently seating guests.
● Personal- Adept in problem solving, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
● Teaching- Experience in teaching mathematical, scientific, and laboratory skills. Attended Reading Apprenticeship workshop (December 2017) designed around literacy and metacognitive strategies. Trained as a process champion through Capturing Kids Hearts and joined the process champions team through the school. I am the chemical hygiene officer at EWHS and am in charge of all chemicals and safety protocol within the science department.
Achievements and Interests
Member of the NCSU Marching Band (2013-2017)
NC National Honor Society member (2010-2013)