1. Be honest. From start to finish always be honest with your recruiter on what you’re looking for, your salary needs, and other opportunities.
2. Be responsive. Commit to being available and responsive throughout your time working with a recruiter.
3. Be courteous. Recruiters help you in your job search. Try to respect their time and communicate when you have updates or questions.
4. Be available. A client could call and ask to interview you that day. While this isn’t always possible, if you’re serious about your job search, try and be accommodating and available to ease the process.
5. Be proactive. If you’re unemployed or need a new job ASAP, you should continue to work on your job hunt and don’t rely 100% on recruiters.
6. Stay in touch. Recruiters work with hundreds of candidates at a time and won’t always know when you’re available so stay in touch.
7. Be ethical. If you have signed an agreement with a particular recruiter, make sure you understand the agreement and ask any questions you might have.
8. Be prepared. The more prepared you are the faster a recruiter can get you in process for open positions.
9. Be decisive. Before an offer comes, be prepared to accept or decline it.
10. Be open. Your recruiter might share opportunities you hadn’t initially pictured yourself interested in.